What’s coming next in HR?
Deloitte has produced a comprehensive document on the top HR trends for 2017. Some would be easy to spot if you are an HR professional that keeps current; others trends are not so easy to see. Here are some of the overriding trends in HR for 2017:
- No organization no matter what size can survive without some type of HR. HR has permeated all organizations to their core.
- Continue to move and improve HR systems away from transactional to not only strategic but to applicable, with the creation of technology apps that make workers more productive.
- People or employee data analytics will become more functional, no longer just storing data but analyzing HR data for organization decision-making.
- The use of data to influence performance management in a meaningful way. Many organizations will drastically re-invent their performance management systems with real-time assessment and employee engagement.
- Increased emphasis on the learning organization; according to Deloitte millennial’s rate training and development as the top job benefit.
- There will be a greater requirement for expanded recruitment sourcing.
- There will be an explosion in new wellness initiatives in the workplace.
- One of the most disruptive HR trends will be the incorporation of artificial intelligence into work.
If Deloitte’s trends and disruptive innovations are accurate there will be a lot of HR to do in the coming year.
Click here to read a summary of the top HR trends by HR ONLINE
or Click here to read the complete document.
- Review the nine HR trends for 2017. Which one do you feel will become readily accepted? Which ones do you feel will be challenged by HR or employees?
- Pick two up and coming HR trends and develop an action plan for what you have to do to become more knowledge about the trends.
- If you had to pick one trend to implement, which one would you pick for an HR department to implement and why? Defend you answer.